Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ship or Appelsbosch?

Yet again it has been ages since I posted on here. There are two main reasons for this; first I'm a top notch procrastinator and 'tomorrow' hasn't arrived yet, it keeps being 'today'; second, I just don't think I have anything interesting to write about. I've started reading a book recently, well, today actually, and I really like how the author writes, so I thought I'd try something similar, and just write about all the little things that go on day to day.

As we were driving today, I was thinking about needing to do a blog, and I was trying to figure out what I was going to write about. We aren't in a field service right now, so I can't write about how we are changing lives, and my experiences with life and death. Maybe what I consider mundane won't be so mundane to you, or at least you might get some interesting (I hope) reading out of it.

I went to the ship today, first time I've been back since we left September 2. It was an interesting experience. It didn't really feel like home but didn't seem strange either. Maybe more like just some place I've been before, but nothing special.

Alex suggested we play a little game - what are you looking forward to about the ship, and what are you going to miss about Appelsbosch. That got me to thinking. I've not been looking forward to going back to the ship, because sometimes it can feel a bit confining and now I'm used to being under high ceilings, or just the sky. I really like trees and grass. Needless to say, there are neither of those on the ship.

But I realized that I need to focus on the things I look forward to on the ship. So, some of the things I thought of are these: bathroom in our room, not all the way down the hall; the crew galley, where I can cook or bake when the notion strikes; mango smoothies (well this is actually kinda more for when we are back in West Africa where mangos are fresh, sweet and plentiful!); carpeting; non-echoing hallways; the sail; not having to walk very far to get to the dining room; and having a comfortable communal hang-out place (mid-ships lounge).

Well, there are some of my thoughts for today. I'll try and write something again tomorrow........well.........it'll be 'today' by that time. Anyway, that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment